Thursday 27 May 2010

Conveyancing Quote

Don't like the word 'conveyancing' really, but that's neither here nor there. What is both here and there is the fact that I mistakenly filled in a few boxes on a website to see how much a conveyancing quote would cost. I expected a couple of hundred quid. Not the grand or so I was faced with. (It was actually three grand but that included the now 'irrelevant-to-me' stamp duty.)

What's clear to me is that the whole housebuying process is riddled with chancers trying to screw as much as they can out of people who want to make an investment for the future. A grand for some bloke to look a wall or two up and down for a few minutes then jot some hieroglyphics on a clipboard?

When the time comes, I'll be keeping a close eye on my conveyancer, making sure he earns his corn. And yes, I will try to pay him with corn.